Sunday, October 28, 2007

In my mind / On my mind

To have in mind: to have an idea brewing in your head

Pheebs: Well, what are you going to do to get your teacher to give you an A+?
Carol: Well, I have something in mind.
Pheebs: What? You have a plan?
Carol: Yes; I'm going to turn in a well-written assignment plus a grande skimmed latte.

What's on your mind: a question asking about someone's emotional status

Suzanne: Hey Amy, you look glum. What's on your mind?
Amy: Oh, nothing. It's just that my sister has invited her boyfriend to come over for dinner tonight.
Suzanne: I thought you didnt like him.
Amy: Yes and that's why I am annoyed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha still...
difficult to get the whole thing.
and im reading it again and again xP

Miss Carmen said...

I find the pair very confusing too sometimes. What would u put in the blank for this " You are always ____ my mind."